Are You a Candidate for Invisalign Treatment?
- Invisalign is suitable for teenagers and adults with mild to moderate orthodontic issues such as overcrowded teeth, gaps, and bite misalignments.
- Consultation with an orthodontist is necessary to determine candidacy for Invisalign treatment.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and can be easily removed for eating and oral hygiene, allowing for a more comfortable and convenient treatment experience.
- Invisalign treatment offers aesthetic appeal, comfort, good oral hygiene maintenance, and often requires fewer dental visits compared to traditional braces. However, it may not be able to address certain bite issues or major skeletal discrepancies.
Invisalign Candidacy Criteria
Types of Orthodontic Issues Invisalign Can Address
Severity of Orthodontic Problems
|Severity Level||Description |
|Mild ||Slight misalignment or spacing issues|
|Moderate ||Moderate crowding or misalignment|
|Severe ||Significant crowding or misalignment|
|Complex ||Multiple orthodontic problems|
Invisalign Candidacy Assessment
Factors That Might Affect Candidacy
Commitment to Treatment
|Aligner Set||Wear Time|
|Set 1||22 hours|
|Set 2||22 hours|
|Set 3||20 hours|
Special Cases and Considerations
Invisalign for Teens
- You can easily remove the aligners when eating or brushing your teeth, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- No need to worry about food getting stuck in brackets or wires, as Invisalign aligners are removable.
- The clear aligners are virtually invisible, so you can smile with confidence throughout your treatment.
- Invisalign aligners are custom-made for your teeth, ensuring a comfortable fit and minimizing discomfort.
Invisalign for Adults
Invisalign for Complex Cases
- Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, comfortable plastic, ensuring a pain-free experience.
- The aligners are removable, allowing you to eat, drink, and brush your teeth without any restrictions.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that gradually shift your teeth into the desired position.
- The treatment is tailored to your specific needs, ensuring optimal results.